Brewer Yacht Sales presents this Cruisers 1980 Bristol 35.5 CB boat for sale.
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
The LOST VERSES is a keel-centerboard shoal draft "CB" version of the BRISTOL 35.5 as produced by BRISTOL YACHTS of RI from 1978 through the mid-1990's with about 180 examples being built! Designed by Dieter Empacher of the Ted Hood design group, she's a 1980 model and has the optional keel-centerboard system that allows for a draft of 3'9", board up (7'6", board down). The BRISTOL 35.5 again demonstrated that the art of of building an excellent yacht with such features as a high level of quality, outstanding varnished matching-grain teak joinery throughout, a "real" teak holly cabin sole was certainly within the capability of BRISTOL YACHTS to produce at a market relevant price point.
The BRISTOL YACHTS pedigree features of solid construction, excellent interior joinery. good performance, the optional shoal draft centerboard configuration and "good looks" all combine to make the BRISTOL 35.5 CB to continue to be quite in demand over the years. Purchased by her present Owners in 2014, the LOST VERSES is a yacht in good overall condition and especially for her vintage. Her NORTH SAILS inventory, RAYMARINE electronics, new canvas in 2020 to include the dodger, the custom NORTH SHORE canvas winter cover all offer quite a nice package for clients who aspire to a well-found cruising yacht of better quality than most.
The LOST VERSES is located at her slip in Norwalk, CT. For more information regarding the LOST VERSES and to schedule an appointment for a viewing, contact her Listing Broker, Randy Altemus of Brewer Yacht Sales at "raltemus(at)breweryacht.com" or by cell "203-512 0847".
The LOST VERSES was produced with a hand laid-up fiberglass hull with alternating layers of woven roving mat. The hull topsides are finished with WHITE Gelcoat with WHITE Gelcoat decks with a pattern non-skid. The teak toe rails were standard with the BRISTOL's as with teak grab rails, teak brow pieces on the coach roof teak coaming caps in the Cockpit . There are double-rail stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with double lifelines on port starboard sides. Boarding gates are provided port starboard with double lines. There is an anchor chain locker on the Foredeck an extending folding stainless steel swim ladder aft, (2) stainless steel solar vents, (2) Cockpit lockers and a Lazarette locker.
The centerboard is a non-ballast piece and only requires the use of a friction winch to raise lower the board itself.
– WHITE Gelcoat topsides
– DAR BLUE Boot-Top Cove Stripe
– Keel-Centerboard (note: draft 3'9", board up 7'6", board down)
– Lead ballast, internal, encapsulated
– Fiberglass centerboard w/ lead internal ballast (note: the centerboard pennant is a stainless steel 1/19 wire to rope splice led through stainless steel pipe to a friction winch on Coach roof, starboard side aft. It was replaced in 2016)
– Skeg-hung rudder (note: bronze gudgeons pintles)
– WHITE Gelcoat finish
– Bow pulpit stern rail w/ double-rails, stainless steel (note: stern rail new, 2020)
– Gate in stern rail
– Life-lines, double, 3/16" 1x19 stainless steel wire, WHITE plastic-coated
– Life-line gates, port starboard (note: w/ single lines)
– (2) Deck hand / grab rails, teak
– (2) Solar vents, stainless steel (note: for Head Salon)
– (2) BOMAR Deck hatches, cast aluminum anodized
– (2) BOMAR Opening ports, cast aluminum
– (6) Portlights in Salon, fixed w/ cast aluminum frames
– Sea hood for sliding Companionway hatch
– (3) Companionway pen / drop boards, varnished teak
– Swim ladder, folding w/(4) steps w/ teak treads, stainless steel (mounted at transom)
– (6) Deck cleats, large (8") aluminum for bow stern spring lines
– EDSON Wheel steering w/ Destroyer-type wheel, white-painted Binnacle aluminum quadrant system w/ wire sheaves
– Dual throttle shift levers for the engine
– Binnacle compass, RITCHIE Powerdamp, 5"
– Custom Helm Seat w/ integrated cushion, removable (note: matches Cockpit cushions)
– Custom foot-step for the Helm Station, removable
The LOST VERSES has accommodations for up to (8); (2) for the "V" berth forward, (4) in the Salon with (2) extending settee berths, and (1) in the Quarter berth aft.
Light and ventilation are provided by (2) BOMAR opening hatches, the Main Companionway hatch w/ (3) solid teak-faced pen / drop boards, (2) opening ports, (2) fixed portlights and (2) solar vents on dick.
The signature hand-crafted BRISTOL interior joinery is a varnished satin-finish teak veneer with sold teak trim pieces and with matching grains throughout. She has a varnished hand-laid teak and solid ash inlay for the sole that measures over 3/16" in thickness. .
– Teak interior joinery, satin varnished
– Teak ceilings (strips on the vertical surfaces) throughout
– Storage lockers w/ louvered doors
– Drawers for storage
– Occasional table, flip-up, starboard side aft (note: forward of the Galley)
– Centerline table, teak w/ (2) folding leafs
– Salon settee berths extend to make a "double berth" (note: backrest cushions are the fillers)
– The interior cushions are newer (approximately 2012), Dark Blue w/ Gold Fleck. They are some 5" in thickness and in superior condition.
– Cushions throughout; Dark Blue w/ Gold Fleck, 5" thickness
– Curtains White fabric w/ Blue stripes (new, 2012)
The Salon is entered by the large Companionway via the Cockpit. There is a large hanging locker, starboard side forward. There are settee berths with an extension tp starboard that extends to form double berth. There are lockers and book racks over both port and starboard settee berths. There is a centerline-mounted dining table with (2) folding leafs. Light and ventilation are provided by a stainless steel cowl vent, an opening overhead BOMAR hatch, (2) BOMAR opening ports and (4) fixed portlights.
– Headroom: 6'4"
– Solar vent, stainless steel, deck-mounted
– BOMAR deck hatch
– (2) BOMAR Opening ports
– (6) Portlights, fixed, (4) large (2) smaller (note: all replaced, 2014)
– Fan, 12 VDC
Forward is the V-berth with filler piece. The filler piece is stowed in an overhead rack. Storage is under the berth and over and outboard in teak lockers with ventilation provided by louvered teak sections. There are four (4) lockers each both to port and starboard. The chain locker can be accessed from the Fore Cabin. There is an upholstered changing seat, hanging locker to starboard, an opening overhead BOMAR hatch opening port, a privacy door and e suite entrance to the Head.
– BOMAR opening hatch
– BOMAR Opening port
– V-Berth insert
– Storage; hanging locker, drawers, shelving additional lockers
The forward-facing Nav Station is located to port opposite the Galley. It shares the seat of the Quarter berth directly aft. There is storage under the chart table and above outboard in a locker with a shelf over. An additional fixed portlight provides more interior ambient lighting.
– Large "chart size" Nav table w/ opening top
– Storage drawers
The Quarter Berth is located to port aft of the Nav Station. The berth serves as a seat for the forward-facing Nav Station.
The large "U"-shaped Galley for the BRISTOL 35.5 is located aft by the Companionway, starboard side.
– Stove w/ oven, FORCE 10 (3) burner, propane, gimbaled, stainless steel
– Propane tank, 10# (note: installed in dedicated vented Cockpit locker, port side aft)
– Remote propane gas shut-off solenoid switch, TRIDENT, 12 VDC
– Large ice-chest, top-opening w/ (2) lids
– Large dry storage locker, top-opening
– Sinks, stainless steel
– Hot cold pressure water service (note: hot water tank not functioning)
– Pump at Galley; (1) for for manual fresh water supply
– FORMICA Countertops, Wood Grain
The Head is located forward to port with (2) doors that allow entry from either the Salon or the Forecabin. There is a manually-operated marine toilet, vanity aft with storage under, hot and cold pressure water with hand-held shower, There is a linen locker outboard, teak floor grate and an opening port. Further ventilation provided by a stainless steel solar vent topsides.
Marine Head, manual (note: salt / raw water flush)
– "Y" Valve for overboard discharge (note: where permitted)
– Holding Tank Capacity: (12) USG, plastic
– Vanity w/ sink
– Shower w/ cold cold pressure water service (note: hand-held shower head)
– BOMAR Opening port
– Solar vent ventilation, deck-mounted
Rig, Riggings, Winches Sails
The LOST VERSES has an aluminum spar, silver anodized, with a single set of tapered spreaders that is stepped on the keel. Her boom is also silver anodized aluminum. She has 1x19 stainless steel wire. rigging, a HARKEN Traveler with 4:1 cross-haul system on the aluminum white-painted bridge that is deck-mounted just forward of the Companionway hatch. There are inboard genoa tracks, SCHAEFER blocks and headsail roller-furling.
– Rig Dimensions (sail area: 589 sq/ft): I=47.0', J=15.0', P=40.75', E=12.25'
– Mast Height Above Waterline: 53' (approximate)
– PHRF New England (Base Rating-CB Model): 156 (seconds per mile)
– Mast step, welded stainless steel
– Mast collar, aluminum
– Internal halyards
– (3) Halyards; main, jib / genoa spinnaker
– Traveler bridge, aluminum, white-painted
– HARKEN Traveler w/ HARKEN car 4:1 cross-haul system for mainsheet car adjustment
– Boom vang, block tackle
– SCHAEFFER blocks
– LEWMAR Spinlock line stoppers on the mast
– Genoa sheet tracks w/ cars, "T" style, mounted inboard
– Mast-boot seal
– Plastic rollers for the lower turnbuckles for the forward aft lowers main shrouds
There are a total of five (5) LEWMAR winches and two (2) winch handles
– (2) L44 CST (2) speed self-tailing Primary winches on port / starboard side of Cockpit for jib / genoa sheets
– (1) L30 CST (2) speed self-tailing on the Coach Roof, starboard side, for the mainsheet
– (1) L16 CST (2) speed self-tailing winch on the mast, port side, for the headsail halyards
– (1) L8C single-speed mast-mounted, starboard side, for the main halyard
– Sails (NORTH SAILS)
– Main w/ (2) rows reef points, full-battens
– Mainsail cover, Blue SUNBRELLA (new, 2020)
– #3 Genoa, 110%, Roller-Furling (note: 2003)
– #1 Genoa, 150%, Roller-Furling (note: 2003)
– Cruising Spinnaker, nylon
– Dousing Sock for Cruising Spinnaker
– VHF; STANDARD Horizon Explorer
The masthead unit for the AWI / WS has been removed for repairs.
– The AWI / WS, Speed / Log Depth indicators are installed in the Cockpit, starboard side forward
– RAYMARINE ST60 Speed / Log
– RAYMARINE ST60 Wind (AWI / WS)
– RAYMARINE RC 320 Plotter GPS (note: installed in instrument pod at Helm Station)
– RAYMARINE ST60 Depth
– RAYMARINE ST4000+ (note: external wheel drive per Owner, "never used", removed, not functional) (note: control unit installed in instrument pod at Helm Station)
The BRISTOL 35.5 has both a 12 VDC Ship's Service and a 115 VAC Shore Power systems.
– (3) Batteries, 12 VDC: (2) Group 24 Ship's Service (1) Group 24 Engine Start
– Battery charger, STAT POWER TruCharge 20 AH
– Shore Power; 110 VAC 30 AH w/ 50' cord
– BASS Electrical panels for DC AC Systems
– Circuit Load Monitors: volts, amps battery check
– Lightning grounding for all standing rigging
– Lighting, Interior (12 VDC)
– Overhead dome lights; (2) Salon
– Bulkhead lights throughout; (2) Salon, (1) Fore Cabin, (1) Nav Station (1) Head
– Florescent light (at Galley)
– Lighting, Exterior
– Navigation lights, bow stern (note: by AQUASIGNAL w/ bow lights mounted on bow pulpit stern light installed on transom w/ custom housing)
– Masthead light
– Steaming light
– Foredeck light
– Binnacle compass light
– Fresh Water Capacity: (100) USG in (2) tanks
– Pressure hot cold water service w/JABSCO pump to the Head, Galley Cockpit shower
– Hot water tank, RARITAN (6) USG (note: not operational with 110 VAC Shore Power element, requires replacement)
– Shower sump pump
– Cockpit shower
– (2) Bilge pumps; (1) EDSON Whale Gusher manual in the Cockpit, (1) electric / automatic in the bilge
– Bronze through-hull fittings (note: below the waterline)
The BRISTOL 35.5 CB is powered by a UNIVERSAL 24 HP Model 5424 (3) cylinder fresh water-cooled marine diesel that is rated at 24 HP at 2,800 RPM's.
– Engine Hours: 2,440 (approximate)
– Fuel Capacity: 36 USG in (1) tank, aluminum (note: tank replaced, 2019)
– Propeller; (3) blade fixed-pitch, bronze
– Prop shaft: 1", stainless steel
– Raw water intake strainer
– RACOR Fuel filter secondary OEM filter
– FIREBOY F-241 Fire Extinguisher, fixed, in Engine Room
– Engine room blower
– Engine spaces insulated with SOUNDDOWN w/ lead liner
– Raw water pump replaced (2019)
– CQR Plow anchor, 25# w/ 100' chain and 210' nylon rode
– 2nd Anchor with 30' of chain and 100' of nylon rode
– Bow anchor well
– Bow anchor roller
– Canvas (all Blue SUNBRELLA)
– Dodger (new, 2020) w/ stainless steel bows w/ Elkhide chafe cover
– Mainsail cover (new, 2020)
– Helm / Binnacle cover (new, 2020)
– Buoyant cushion, throwable
– USCG Gear (no flares)
– (2) Fire extinguishers, portable
– Fire extinguisher, Engine Room
– Dock lines fenders
– Cockpit cushions, WHITE, (4) sections
– Winter storage cover, canvas, fitted Light Tan, NORTH SHORE CANVAS
– Inclinometer (note: installed at Companionway)
– Lamps, gimballed (note: installed in Salon)
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.