Daysailers 2006 Bruckmann Zurn 42 Daysailer 42 listed by JK3 Nautical Enterprises, Inc. (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
In the case of a finely crafted yacht, it is said that one doesnt own her, but is merely lucky enough to be the caretaker for a period of time.
The time has come for ALEXA to find her next caretaker - and the current owners to cherish the good times had while under their care.
Rarely do yachts of this caliber come along. Alexa is appreciated by young and old alike and stirs emotion in all who are lucky enough to have sailed her.
Alexa is a 42 performance daysailer designed by yacht designer Doug Zurn, built by Bruckmann Yachts - Ontario Canada and finished by Hinckley Yachts.
Bruckmann Yachts intended to take the design into production, but only one hull was built, in 2006, resulting in a custom sailing yacht that has only been enhanced since production with the addition of features and equipment designed for racing performance, as well as designer upgrades to the cockpit and interior, including a custom built sleeping v-berth. Alexa has been impeccably maintained, resulting in a San Diego Yacht Club Best Maintained Sailing Yacht award in 2010, and a Overall Best Maintained Yacht award in 2014.
CALL TO SCHEDULE A PERSONAL VIEWING OF THIS FINE YACHT !
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
DESIGNER & BUILDER:
DESIGNER: Doug ZURN - MARBLEHEAD, MA USA
BUILDER: Bruckman Yachts - Toronto Canada
The Bruckmann Daysailer enters the market as a confident daysailer and capable performance yacht. A split personality, she may readily carry upwards of eight individuals for an excursion around the bay, and yet she is equally adept as an overnighter. In either instance she will be a true performer and head turner, as exhibited by her low profile, aggressive sail plan and performance-oriented shoal draft keel. Characterized by a clean deck layout, commodious cockpit, inviting interior, and lightweight glass construction, the Bruckmann Daysailer presents her owner with an extremely versatile sailing yacht, capable of tackling what task the day whips up before her.
The interior works to complement the smart design features and quality components found on deck. The galley on port provides guests with refrigeration, microwave, and stainless sink. Thick cushions provide comfort for sitting or sleeping while six opening ports and two deck hatches allow natural lighting and abundant ventilation. A centerline table is available for dining, and a V-berth may be fitted if so desired.
Starting in the cockpit you will find generous seating for entertaining up to 8 guests surrounded by a beautiful teak laid cockpit sole and side decks and high gloss finished teak cap rail covering the cockpit coaming or utilize this space to strech out and take an afternoon nap while at anchor. After your time relaxing invite your guests to gather around the fold out teak cockpit table and enjoy a nice glass of wine while taking in the sunset.
Heading down below through double teak swing out doors you will descend the companionway stairs where you will find plenty of interior headroom, to port a large top load refrigerator and spacious Coriancovered counter tops, a SS microwave oven and storage cabinets outboard and below the SS sink and extended countertops. Just to starboard youll find the head with freshwater flush Vacuflush MSD and SS sink.
Moving forward into the main saloon your are surrounded by the beauty of contrasting high gloss finished Mahogany trim, a fold out Mahogany saloon table, white clad bulkheads and cabinets along with Cedar hull lining. With heavy duty high quality SS opening port windows and 2 cabin top hatches you have plenty of air circulation below to keep thing cool - but just in case the weather turns, Alexa is setup with Air conditioning to make those dockside overnights most comfortable. Seating on either side of the fold out saloon table can accommodate up to 8 guests and makes up into 2 sleeping bunks - the forepeak has been recently converted from a dedicated sail locker to an elegant V berth and looks as if it was constructed during the original build. Custom cushions throughout the interior and varnished Teak and Holly cabin soles add to the finishing touches.
– Removable Companionway drop boards (Vertical Stack) with Bag Storage
– Removable Companionway double doors with storage in head
– Interior Storage
Galley - Bank of 4 drawers and 1 cabinet below counter top
Outboard storage compartment with sliding doors
Main Saloon - Outboard to port double door cabinet with louvered doors,
Hanging locker with 2 drawers forward edge of settee port and starboard,
Storage behind seat backs with mesh snap in covers
Head - Cabinet below counter and 1 outboard cabinet with sliding doors
– Exterior Storage
Cockpit - Deep Lazerettes port and starboard, port side has storage shelf
outboard for hatch boards and life jackets. Start battery, Hot water heater,
refrigeration unit also found here. Starboard side contains holding tank,
Breakers and emergency tiller.
Fantail - SIngle hatch for access to Steering quadrant and autopilot and
additional storage space.
Bow locker - Contains ground tackle, windlass, fresh water wash down, and flip
out bow roller for anchor.
LOA: 42 4
LWL: 32 9
DRAFT: 4 9
BALLAST:8,134 Lbs. Cast LEAD ballast
FUEL: 40 us gal
WATER: 60 us gal
WASTE: 26 us gal
Headroom: 6 1 1/2
Main Saloon Settee Length: 84
Cockpit Seating Length: 75
V Berth Length: 78
I = 55 2 3/4
J = 13 5 1/8
P = 56 8 7/8
E = 18 2 7/8
Mainsail area 541 sq ft
Jib 100% 349 sq ft
Total sailarea upwind = 890 sq ft
D/L Ratio = 222
SA/D Ratio = 21.3
Mast Length overall 67 1 not including mast head wand or mast head light
Infusion molded with high performance E-Glass and Core Cell foam construction, Unidirectional and Roving Fiberglass, Vinylester resins used throughout.All bulkheads are tabbed and laminated to hull, increase laminate schedule in keel sump,Core removed in way of all thru-hulls, drive leg, rudder port centreline
Bottom prepped with Epoxy barrier coat and Interlux Ultra black antifouling paint.
Topsides finished in custom color Wrought Iron Grey U3-75 Awlgrip finish with Off White Awlgrip bootstripe and Gold covestripe with Bruckman logo detail incorporated at bow.
Composite construction with Core cell foam and bonded with Vinylester resins,Core removed in way of all deck fittings.
Teak decking on side decks, foredeck and cockpit. Varnished teak caprail, handrails, cabin top trim and cockpit coaming. Painted surfaces Awlgrip finish in Moon Dust
– Yanmar Diesel 30 hp Model - 3YM30C
– Yanmar engine control panel with keyed ignition, stop button, tach.
– Fuel gauge
– Engine room sound insulation
– Blower for engine room ventilation
– Racor fuel filter with water separator
– Lifeguard fuel air separator
– Water lift muffler
– USCG approved exhaust hoses
– Stainless steel thru-transom exhaust
– Yanmar Saildrive - YMR SD20
– PROP: Nautilus 3 Blade VF108
– 26 us gal aluminum fuel tank with vent and SS deck fill
– Balanced Fiberglass foam-filled rudder with SS shaft and stiffeners
– 48 diameter SS wheel with teak wrapping varnished finish
– SS rail at pedistal
– SS emergency tiller
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION:
– Raymarine GPS/Chart plotter, C80 at Helm
– Navionics Gold 905G data chip
– Raymarine ST60 wind/speed/depth located on aft end of cockpit table with repeater located below to starboard at nav station along with analog wind indicator
– Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot
– Raymarine VHF 240DSC in cockpit
– 6 Magnetic Compass at helm with light
– Navigation lights on masthead, stern light on aft deck
Steaming, foredeck, masthead spreader lights on mast
– (1) engine start battery (in port Lazerette)
– (2) 4D gel cell house batteries (Under fwd V berth PS)
– (4) explosion-proof master battery selection switches
– 12v DC / 120v AC custom distribution panel with 30 amp service
– 30 amp shore power cable
– Double-pole shore power main breaker
– Voltage meter, polarity indicator
– 110 volt 30 amp shore power with 50 cord
– 110 volt outlets in galley, head dinette
– Bilge pump switch - auto /off/ manual
– Xantrex 1500 watt inverter/charger
– Xantrex remote charge/ invert panel at Nav
– (4) Chrome directional interior lights (5) Dome lights (2) Red
Courtesy lights in main salon
– All wiring sized colour coded to ABYC specs.
– SS microwave oven
– Kenwood stereo with AM/FM/Sirrus/ and jack for iPod capabilities.
– 2 Clairon speakers in cockpit
– 2 Claironspeakers in main saloon
– Pressure water with hot and cold faucets in head and galley
– 6 us gallon water heater with 110v or engine driven heat exchanger
– Salt water in galley via foot pump
– 2 water tanks located under main saloon settee each side - 60 us gallons total
– Hot and cold cockpit shower
– Vacuflush freshwater marine Head
– Holding tank with direct overboard discharge and 12v macerator
– Rule 2000 electric bilge pump with float switch and manual override switch
– #10 Whale Gusher manual bilge pump mounted in cockpit
– Sump pump in head for grey water
– Freshwater wash down with hose in bow anchor locker
REFRIGERATION & AIR CONDITIONING:
– 12v Seafrost coldplate DC refrigeration - top load
– Molded fiberglass (24 x 19 x 15 deep) box with 4 foam insulation
Deep enough to stand up Wine and Champagne bottles
– Cruiseair 120v air conditioning reverse heat pump heating
SPARS AND RIGGING:
– Keel stepped GMT carbonfiber fractional double spreader rig mast painted tan
– Combo steaming/foredeck light on front side of mast
– Mast head Nav/Anchor light
– Mast head windex and wand for electronics
– Padded mast cover below deck
– Composite carbonfiberGMT boom painted tan
– Harken headsail roller furling with drum and control line below deck
– Navtec hydraulic Backstay and Vang control - panel located to port of helm
– All standing rigging Navtec solid rod discontinuous rigging with turnbuckles toggles at deck
– Custom stainless steel chainplates
– Self-tacking jib on athwartship curved track with ball bearing car slide
– Halyards - (1) Main, (1) Jib, (1) Spinnaker
– Self tacking Jib sheet, Spinnaker sheets, Tack line, Continuous
Main sheetMain and Jib sheeting system lead under deck
NORTH Sails Inventory 2011:
– Mainsail (NL Spectra)
– Roller furling Jib (NL SRP75 SPECTRA)
– Genoa screacher furling (ZL-08 Arimid Scrim)
DOYLE Sails Inventory:
– Dacron 8.6 oz mainsail with 2 reefs
– Dacron 8.6 oz jib
– .75 oz Nylon light radial head cruising asymmetrical spinnaker
DECK GEAR AND RIGGING:
DECK HARDWARE WINCHES
All winches chromed self-tailing
(2) Eectric primary cockpit winches, Harken #44ST two speed
(1) Electric cabintop halyard winch, Harken #40ST two speed
(2) Winch handles, 10 with lock-in
(12) Volt dual direction Lewmar 1000 Pro Series windlass
TRACKS, LEADS, BLOCKS
All deck hardware Harken
Deck blocks at spar for halyard reefs control lines
(2) two-sheave organizers
(2) inboard genoa tracks
(2) opening low-lead sheet cars
(2) double sheave foot blocks
CLEATS,CHOCKS, LINE CONTROLS
(6) 10 stainless steel flush mount mooring cleats
(6) custom chrome bronze chocks set into caprail
(1) Line Jammer in cockpit port winch pedestal (Main)
(2) Line Jammers in cockpit starboard winch pedestal (Jib and Main)
Mainsheet is continuous and adjustable from either cockpit winch
All running rigging high tech line
Anti fouling paint last done - May 2013
Interlux Ultra with high level of copper and Biolux to combat fouling
– Custom Cockpit cushions for all seating areas including cushion backs. New 2014
– Teak flag staff with ensign
– Burgee halyard
– 4 Black double braid dock lines
– 4 8 x 20 fenders with double braid lines and fleece covers with boat name
– Wood boat hook with brass ends and custom chocks on cabin coach house
– Engine spares kit - belt/filter
– 2 step fiberglass boarding steps with boat name graphic
– Boarding matte with boat name
– Canvas covers for coach top hand rails in wheat color
– Canvas cockpit coverin wheat color
– Canvas hatch coversin wheat color
– Canvas furled jib coverin wheat color
– Canvas mainsail/boom coverin wheat color
– Flare kit
– 8 type II life jackets
– Air horn ships bell
– First aid kit
– USCG discharge plaques
– Fire extinguishers (2)
– Thru hull wood plugs
– Radar reflector
– Fortress FX23 anchor with chain and rode
– Anchor deployment system with rotating arm and roller in foredeck locker
Bruckman / Zurn Owners manual with schematics for all systems,all equipment manual
Vessel is currently USCG documented
Vessel USCG # on mounted plaque
One of a kind
ALEXA Is one of the most beautifulyachts on the west coast, and has been maintained to the highest standards by her current and previous owner.
If you are considering a classic styled Daysailer/Weekender that caneasily accomodate 6-8passangers in the spacious cockpit withoutinterfering with the helmsman and can also be sailed short handed with ease - you must give serious consideration to the Bruckmann 42.
To Schedule a personal viewing of this exquisite yacht contact the listing broker.
Vessel Location: San Diego Yacht Club
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.