"Nipper" is the perfect vessel for doing the "Great Loop" Route, with her legendary Lehman Main Engine burning about 2 gal. per hour, she is imminently practical, being very economical to operate.
With a deep keel, (that will touch ground before the propeller) "Nipper" is a rugged and well built vessel.
The faults normally associated with some Asian boats such as windows, decks and fuel tanks all appear to be in great shape aboard "Nipper".
Built by "American Marine" at Singapore "Nipper" will stand the test of time and take you where you want to go in comfort.
Negotiable: 10' Avon dinghy with Yamaha 3 h.p. outboard
* Decks refurbished in 2008. Decks feel solid throughout vessel
* Borg Warner Transmission overhauled 10/08/2007
* Ford Lehman Main Engine: These engines can last to over 20,000 hrs.
* Algae-X fuel conditioning system
* Two Racor 500 fuel filters and two Fram fuel filters
* New 2015 canvas covers for exposed teak
* New 2014 Bottom job
* Bottom cleaned every two months
* 400 gal. fuel, provides for very long range of about 1500 mi.
* Aluminum mast and boom
* 45# CQR anchor and all chain rode
* Simpson Lawrence "Sea Wolf" anchor windlass
* Phasor 5.5 generator with Kubota diesel at only 1062 operating hrs.
* Built in Dinghy cradle on aft cabin roof
Boat Name Nipper Dimensions LOA: 36 ft 10 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
LWL: 35 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Bridge Clearance: 22 ft 4 in
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Dry Weight: 26000 lbs
Engines Engine 1:
Engine Brand: Ford Lehman
Year Built: 1980
Engine Model: 2715
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4600
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 120 HP
Tanks Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (120 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (35 Gallons)
Accommodations Number of twin berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Electronics TV set - Vizio Flat Screen Salon/Sansui Flat Screen Master
CD player - Sony XR-CA 330
GPS - Garmin3205
Compass - Danforth Magnetic
VHF - Standard Horizon
Log-speedometer - BG Network
Plotter - Garmin 3205
Autopilot - BG Network
Radio - Sony XR-CA 330
Radar - Furuno
Inside Equipment Oven - Princess
Heating - A/C Reverse Cycle
Refrigerator - Magic Chef
Electric bilge pump - Rule 1500 in Engineroom/Rule 2000 FWD Stateroom
Air conditioning - Two
Electric head - Jabsco Electric
Battery charger - Pro Mariner 30 AMP
Hot water - Raritan 6 gal.
Electrical Equipment Generator - Phasor 5.5 KW
Shore power inlet
Inverter - Xantrex 1000 WATT
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Outside Equipment/Extras Teak sidedecks
Covers Bimini Top
1980 Grand Banks 36 Classic
Boarding "Nipper" on her starboard quarter, one immediately notices the solid feel of the deck. This solid feel continues throughout the vessel. No soft spots were noticed. Her side decks are roomy providing easy navigation all the way around, which would make line handling very good. All of "Nippers" exposed teak rails and so forth are covered with "Sunbrella" canvas coverings, even the cap rails. Fittings, such as cletes and chocks are all made of high quality bronze. Components in general are all of high quality.
Continuing on to the bow there is a "Simpson Lawrence" anchor windlass with all chain rode and a 45# CQR "plow" type anchor. This is operated by a deck mounted switch, with provision made for manual lifting of the anchor in the event of a loss of electrical power.
Grab rails are provided along the house for a secure handhold where inclimate weather may be encountered. Outboard rails are well built, sturdy and teak capped with swing up sections for boarding.
30 AMP electrical inlet is located at port aft cabin location. There is a swim platform on the stern for boarding of the tender.
Sturdy and enclosed hand rails lead up the aft cabintop to the Fly Bridge. Also located on the aft cabintop is the cradle for the Dinghy. This can be lifted and launched by an all aluminum mast and boom. The boom can also be used to keep the Dinghy rigged over the stern for quick deployment.
The Fly Bridge is roomy with plenty of seating and here also is the Fly Bridge vessel console. This area is cover by a "Sunbrella" bimini to break the harsh sunshine. Fly Bridge decks are of teak and feel solid all over. Teak decks are superior non-skid material and all decks aboard "Nipper" have a good solid feel to them.
There are two entrances to the interior of the vessel. One swinging door to starboard and a sliding hatch and door to the aft cabin.
Upon entering the starboard door and into the Salon, one is surrounded by a warm teak interior that is a high point of Asian built vessels. Teak and holly deck and no carpet. This Salon has the galley up and the Salon helm station is located here. The longer one owns the vessel, the more this downstairs location gets more comfortable to use. This is a great advantage for foul weather conditions and use of this helm station should be practiced. Here is located all the necessary instruments for navigation of the vessel including Autopilot,, Radar, depth, speed and GPS plotter which instruments carry on up to the Fly Bridge as well. There are two settee's in the Salon. An "L" shaped settee to starboard with an adjustable dining table, which can be converted into an extra berth and a bench settee directly across to port.
The galley is FWD and to port in the Salon and has a "Princess" propane stove and oven. Here too is the "Magic Chef" refrigerator that operates on 110 AC voltage and a stainless sink. Power for the vessel is supplied by two large 8D (generator has it's own start battery) batteries for main engine start and house power. Power from these batteries can be chosen individually or both together.
On and forward is the forward cabin with a "vee" type berth and ensuite head. There is plenty of stowage here and the head is equipped fully with a sink and a wet type shower can be rigged.
In the stern is the "Master" or aft cabin with split berths and an ensuite head with shower. This head is larger, with plenty of counter space surrounding the sink. There is a centerline "chest of drawers" here and under berth drawers. There is a hang up closet located here as well. Access to the aft deck can be made through a hatch and door arrangement.
Access to the engine room can be made through several deck panels in the Salon sole. This engine room is very well equipped with top of the line equipment. There is plenty of moving about room down here, to perform necessary maintenance chores.
"Nipper" has all the right stuff, with top quality components, which if properly maintained will outlast most of us. Grand Banks installed top of the line equipment in these vessels with an exceptionally rugged hull with protected running gear. These exceptional vessels are not fast, but rather designed for economy and ruggedness. An excellent choice for those that would like to tour in safety and comfort.
* Ford Lehman main engine (mod. 2715) at 120 h.p. and 4600 hrs.
* Borg Warner "Velvet Drive" transmission, rebuilt 2007
* 1 1/4" Stainless prop shaft mated to a four bladed bronze prop
* Algae-X fuel conditioning system
* Two Racor 500 and two Fram filters with electric fuel pump
* Engine instruments for Fly Bridge and lower helm
* Phasor 5.5 KW generator with Kubota diesel engine at 1062 hrs.
* Two 8D house and main engine start batteries
* One generator start battery
* Two electrical panels with breakers for 12 VDC and 110 VAC
* Battery select switch
* Xantrex Pro 1000 WATT inverter
* Pro Mariner 30 AMP battery charger
* Battery condition guage
* Standard Horizon VHF radio transceiver
* BG Network Autopilot with Upper and lower
* Speed: BG Network
* Garmin 3205 GPS/ chart plotter/speed
* Depth: BG Network
* Sasui flat screen TV in forward cabin
* Vizio flat screen in Salon
* Furuno 16 mi. radar
* Sony mod. XR-CA330 Cd/stereo/cassette
* Stainless galley sink with "on demand" pressure water system
* Princess three burner propane stove with oven
* Magic Chef refrigerator freezer
* Ample storage cabinetry and drawers
* Two A/C units
* Raritan hot water heater at 6 gal.
* On demand hot and cold pressure water system
* 35 gal. holding tank with macerator for overboard discharge
Forward Stateroom and Head
* "Vee" type double berth with plenty of storage drawers underneath
* Enclosed head, Jabsco electric toilet with sink and wet shower
After Stateroom and Head
* Split berths port and starboard
* Chest of drawers on centerline aft
* Under berth drawers
* Hang up closet
* Large enclosed head with with shower
* "Jabsco" electric toilet
* Stainless sink with plenty of counter space
* Ample stowage
* Access to aft deck through hatch/door
NOTE: For more pictures contact broker.