TheOwners ofMary Time just called me and said we want her SOLD, Just Reduced$10,000 to $79,900 !!!
Mary Time is an EXCELLENT example of the popular Island Packet 35 with a centerboard!! She has been VERY WELL maintainedbyher ONLY OWNER since she was newand it shows . In January 2015 all of herTeak was refinished with Cetol ,3 coats of regularand 2 coats of Gloss and the hull was compounded, buffed and waxed and boy does it shine .She has only 1328 hours on her Yanmar 35 HP engine and was kept on Fresh Water the first three years after commissioning.
Hereis some of the equipment and upgradesonMary Time:
– New 2014 Centerboard Kevlar control line and wire
– New 2015 Isinglassfor the Dodger
– Auto-HelmAuto Pilot
– Wind, speed and depth instruments
– Balmar100 amp alternator
– Avon Dinghy and Evinrude 8 HP outboard
– Digital Battery Monitor
Check out Full Specs for all the details....
Here is an excerpt for a review from Jack Hornorin a Boat US review:
The Island Packet 35, designed by MIT-educated naval architect and company President Bob Johnson, was introduced in 1989, and it remained in production through 1994. In 1997, a slightly modified Island Packet 350 was introduced, but to avoid any possible confusion, I will confine my comments to the earlier of the two models.
I would characterize this design as a conservative, traditional cruiser that is likely to appeal to sailors more interested in comfort than speed made good to weather. The design has quite high freeboard and a high cabin trunk, but these features are disguised by a beautifully drawn sweeping sheerline and bowsprit, which make the boat look longer and lower than it really is.............
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Island Packet Yachts
Designer: Robert Johnson
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 30 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 8 in
Displacement: 17500 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 8000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 48 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 35 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1989
Engine Model: 3HM35F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1328
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 35 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Aluminum (90 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (48 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Aluminum (28 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Furling genoa - and Stay Sail
Refrigerator - Adler Barbour
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Total Liferaft Capacity: 6
The Tri-Cabin layout is ideally suited for extended cruising, twodouble berths one forward and one aftand the port settee makes up into another double berth,perfect when you have guests visit. There is an Abundance of Storage throughout the vessel which Island Packet is known for. There is a large head forward with separate stall shower and a huge well equipped Galley aft. The main salon has the dining table that folds up on the bulkhead with makes for a lot of room for entertaining or just relaxing in the main saloon.
– Princess 3 burner propane stove with oven
– Two ten pound aluminum propane tanks mounted in an exterior locker on deck.
– Propane safety solenoid
– Adler Barbour refrigeration.
– Pressure hot and cold water.
– Atwood six gallon electric hot water tank.
– Manualpump at galley sink
– Hideaway trash bin.
– Dry locker and ample cabinet space.
– Garmin 162 Chart plotter
– Autohelm ST 4000 Autopilot
– Kenyon-Stowe Depth and Speed instruments
– Kenyon-Stowe Wind speed and direction
– ICOM VHF
– 110v as well as 12v systems
– Stainless A/C shore power 30 ampsocket mounted in the cockpit.
– A/C outlets throughout, all GFIC protected.
– High output Balmar 100 amp alternator.
– Balmar MC-612 regulator
– Wired for a 300 amp hour house Gel Cell battery bank plus dedicated engine Gel cell battery.
– Two battery switches isolate engine battery from house systems
– All through hull fittingsare bonded with ships electrical system.
Sails and Rigging
– Fully batten main with two single line reefing points
– Dutchman System on the Main Sail
– Harken roller furling on135% Genoa
– Staysail with self tending boom
– Sheets and lines lead back to cockpit
– Lewmar oversized winches, installed at the factory
– 1 x 19 wire stainless standing rigging.
– NEW 2016 mast boot
I: 44.30 / 13.50m
P: 37.50 / 11.43m
J: 17.00 / 5.18m
E: 14.00 / 4.27m
SA (Fore): 376.55 ft 2 / 34.98 m 2
SA (Main): 262.50 ft 2 / 24.39 m 2
– Bottom painted 2015, and currently stored on the hard
– All the Teak has3 coats of Cetol and 2 coats of Cetol Gloss in January 2015
– Windlass with capstan, uprelay, foot button on deck
– 44# Bruce anchor, 220 5/16 Hi-Test chain
– 35# CQR, 60 30 5/16chain and 200 rode
– Stainless bobstay
– Three Dorade vents
– Lifesling in cockpit
– Starboard sail locker has built-in divider to protect refrigeration and A/C compressors.
– Avon dinghywith8 hp.Evinrude outboard
– Forespar Dinghy motorlift
– Stainless wheel at helm w/rack pinion direct connect to top of rudder post.
– Richie compass mounted at helm.
– Teak drink holder with fold out cockpit table mounted on pedestal in cockpit
– Sunbrella pedestal cover.
– Whale manual bilge pump at helm.
– Centerboard control line at helm, Kevlar line and wire replaced 2014
– Closed cell cockpit cushions.
– Free-standing bimini/dodger with zippered connection.
– NEW 2014 Isinglass windshieldon the dodger withconnector to bimini
– Shower in cockpit
– Jabsco manual toilet
– Y valve enable pumping toilet into the tank or directly OB when off-shore
– Separate standup hot and cold pressure water shower.
– Shower sump plumbed to pump overboard, not into the bilge.
Engine Details, Mechanical Equipment
– Yanmar 3 cylinder 35 hp, freshwater cooled, diesel engine, with 1328 hours
– Racor fuel water separator filter
– Three blade bronze propeller
– New 2014 Packing Gland
– Two independent automatic bilge pumps
– One manual bilge pump mounted in cockpit
– Spare 2 Blade Prop
Mary Time is ready to sail off into the sunset, and with the 3 8 draft you can go almost anywhere,all you will need to do isadd some updated electronics andprovisions....!
She is currently stored on the hard and is ready for your inspection, her bottomwas painted Spring 2015, the entire boat has been Buffed and Waxed and all the teak has just been re-done with Cetol.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.