Trawlers 1989 Marine Trader Europa Sedan Cockpit listed by Edwards Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Custom made Marine Trader Sedan. Two cabin, galley up design, large cockpit, powered by twin Cummins, underwent major refit in 2007 (full details in full specs) which included many options and upgrades. If you are looking for a great trawler/sedan to cruise around the Caribbean in, make sure to see this one. She is already in Puerto Rico and ready to take you to the Virgin Islands and relax........
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Depthsounder - Dart Datamarine
Autopilot - Robertson AP 3000
GPS - Garmin 210
VHF - (2) ICOM 100 106
Radar - Furuno R-20
CD player - Sony AM/FM/CD w/4 speakers
Electric bilge pump
Air conditioning - (2)16K 12K BTU Reverse Cycle Units
Fresh water maker
Generator - Onan 8 kW
Tender - Caribe
This Marine Trading 42' Sedan was one of three produced. She has a two cabin, one head with galley up layout.
As you enter her, she has a large cockpit that leads to a salon which has a U-shaped dinette which easily seats four that is easily served by the well-equipped galley. The layout with large windows lets in lots of light and is designed with great ventilation and storage.
The galley has a 4 burner Princess stove and oven, an apartment sized frost-free refrigerator/freezer, a GE convection oven, a U-line ice maker and a stainless steel double sink.
Going forward and down two steps are the two staterooms and the head/shower. The head is electric.
To keep everyone comfortable, there is a 16K BTU reverse cycle A/C in the salon and a 12K BTU reverse cycle A/C in the master stateroom.
She has an 8 kW Onan genset to keep you cool when away from the dock. Genset has approximately 1500 hours.
2007 Refit Information and addition improvements
Retrofitting-Boat was hauled out on April 23, 2007 at the Ponce Yacht Fishing Club and was launched on August 23, 2007. Cockpit floors were finished in September, 2007.
The following tasks were performed:
1. All exterior teak including starboard door sanded and painted white
2. All caulking removed from windows and re-sealed with white silicon
3. All decks and superstructure painted with Mothane HS-1000 (Mobile Paints) enamel, 72-AW-26, all decks painted beige with anti-skid treatment.
4. Navy blue waterline with gold streak painted.
5. Upper deck storage areas sealed and waterproofed
6. Engine and cockpit bilges stripped, completely sanded and painted with two coats of Mothane HS-1000 polyurethane.
7. Bottom paint sanded and two coats of Pettit blue applied.
8. Swim platform removed, reinforced and painted
9. Transom door removed, re-designed and painted
10. Blisters on upper deck removed and re-fiberglassed.
11. Bait wells in cockpit and thru-hulls eliminated.
12.All white wood in main saloon and two cabins repainted.
13. All docking lines replaced.
14. Seven Taylor fender buoys purchased.
15. Wind/water deflector on flying bridge replaced with transparent Lexan.
16. Custom made aluminum dinghy davit installed (June 2010) on flying bridge to haul Caribe hard bottom dinghy and 4 hp Mercury board.
1. Both engines and generator removed from vessel, inspected and painted white with industrial Imron.
2. All hoses replaced (original Cummins parts).
3. All clamps replaced.
4. All diesel lines replaced.
5. Algae-X fuel (LGX-500) magnetic fuel conditioning system installed on each of the Cummins engines.
6. Heat exchangers removed, inspected and acid cleaned.
7. Heat exchanger and crankcase cover replaced in Onan generator.
8. Starter and alternator on starboard engine overhauled.
9. New turbo air filters.
10. Impellers replaced on both engines and generator (2007, 2010).
11. Silencers on both engines replaced with fiberglass silencers.
12. All mufflers removed and replaced with fiberglass mufflers, generator water discharge re-designed using port side engine muffler.
13. Custom made muffler integrated fiberglass exhausts fabricated and installed.
14. All seacocks and thru-hulls removed, inspected, acid cleaned or replaced, re-installed and bonded with starboard and 5200 sealant.
15. Onan generator relocated from engine room area to custom made area in cockpit with custom made hatch.
16. Copper plate ground for single side band radio replaced
17. Engine room blowers replaced.
18. Groco emergency seacocks/engine flushers (SSCV-1500) installed on both engines
19. Blower engine and compressor (2008) replaced on saloon air conditioner
20.Steel engine supports removed, sanded, and painted white
21.Engine mounts (8) replaced on both engines (DF-477-M3 Dual-Flex Marine Engine Mounts) and generator.
22. Both shafts removed and rectified (Adams Precision Parts, Ponce).
23. Struts (4) removed and inspected; all stainless steel screws (28) 1/2 x 5 flat headcustom built in machine shop and replaced.
24. Shaft bushings (4) replaced (2009).
25. All RACOR filters disassembled and serviced
26. Dripless shaft seals installed (Tides Marine SK-2000-3250-1)
27. Both propellers replaced (2010), two sets of spare propellers available.
28. All bilge pumps and automatic switches replaced.
29. Additional Rule bilge pump installed in generator and in rudder area.
30. Rudders removed, inspected and support base/bearing replaced (metric flange bearing, 2UCFQSS-208L-M40).
31. Entire hydraulic system (including all hydraulic lines) replaced with new Hynautic Ultaflex system (UP33 and UC 168-I)
32. Entire plumbing lines (freshwater conduits) replaced.
33. Both diesel tanks removed; new custom made aluminum (1/4 gauge) built (160 gallons each), painted with special aluminum primer and Imron.
34. Stainless steel water tank underneath main cabin bed removed and replaced with two polypropylene tanks (72 gallons each) located underneath the cockpit area.
35. Shower installed in cockpit area.
36. Main saloon floor reinforced with two heavy duty aluminum beams connected with aluminum supports. Wood beams added as additional support to main saloon.
37. All engine room insulation removed and heavy duty insulation (NFB1 Super Quiet, 21 panels)) installed in the engine room, on the side of diesel tanks and in generator room.
38. Macerator Shureflo pump (3200-001) on holding tank replaced.
39. Automatic and manual USCG approved fire extinguishing system installed in engine room and in generator compartment in cockpit.
1. Alarm systems on both Cummins engines replaced.
2. All battery cables replaced.
3. All three 8D batteries replaced and relocated to main engine room.
4. Light and electrical outlet installed in generator room.
5. New Frigidaire stainless steel installed.
6. New fiberglass water heater installed.
7. Saloon ceiling lights (4) replaced with LED lights.
8. Led lights (4) installed in cockpit.
9. Selector switches installed for both engines.
10.Electrical fuel gauge installed in starboard diesel tank, manual gauge on port side tank.
11. Engine hour meters installed in both Cummins engines.
12. Both AC units completely serviced, compressor and evaporator replaced in one.
13. All grounds in engine room inspected or replaced.
14. Cabin lights, navigation lights, engine room lights replaced with new LED lights (June 2010)
15. Engine 8D batteries replaced (November 2010).
1. All beds and cushions in main saloon reupholstered.
2. White venetian blinds installed in main saloon.
3. Teak veneer replaced in some parts of main saloon, underneath lower steering wheel and forward cabin.
3. All hardwood floors sanded and two coats of polyurethane applied.
4. Window frames in saloon sanded and applied four coat of Marine Master Varnish.
5. Entire cockpit floor replaced with capa prieto wood and marine plywood (3/4) laminated with fiberglass and custom designed to be self draining
6. Custom made rolling bed constructed and installed on upper bunk of mid-cabin.
7. Navy blue longe chair installed in saloon.
8.Handrail installed in stairs for cabins.
9. Aluminum handrails in cockpit area removed.
10. All window and hatch screens replaced
11. Teak rack installed in kitchen and saloon for magazines
12. All flying bridge cushions replaced (2010), captains chair re-upholstered and additional cushions installed (2010).
1. Flying bridge canvas replaced (2008)
2. Strataglass panels installed in flying bridge (2007)
3. Outside canvas installed in saloon front panels.
4. White canvas installed in main cabin hatch.
5. Cockpit canvas replaced (2010).
5 Solid Reasons to Buy a Trawler. Learn more about trawler yachts from our quick guide. 5 Solid Reasons to Buy a Trawler. Learn more about trawler yachts from our quick guide.